Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rival Schools: GFC Vs LFC


it's the clash of rival schools between the Gackt Fan Club (GFC), fronted by Malto Maltura Tyson and the Leslie Fan Club (LFC), led by Ore no Jonda-sama!

-

an article by Malt, in regards to the formation and awesomeness that is the GFC.

I played Boxer in Vanilla back in 2008. As a beginner, I found him an easy character to pick up given the fact that he had simple bread and butter combos, good normals and juggle to ultra, a character with a gradual learning curve.

After months of mindless exdashupperingfromfullscreenfornoreason and heavyheadbuttingonwakeup, I was inspired by Raven's footsies/fruities/footage style play. I really liked that style and begun conditioning myself to playing that way (I didn't even know Boxer had a S.HK before that). In a way it helped me to better understand the game mechanics, spacing, and appreciate solid footsies when I come across them in matches (Momochi/Daigo) unlike in the past where I was only impressed when a player does something out of a flashy combo video.

"I will push you into the comma with my amazing fruities"
- An inspirational phrase by GacktSingapore (Top Ryu/Fei Long Player)

As time went by, the community gradually discovered new stuff, some even exclusive to SFIV, such as option selects, frame traps, safe jumps and plinking. I was so intrigued by the concept and eager to try it out but unfortunately Boxer wasn't really well equipped with the tools to perform these shenanigans as compared to the rest of the cast. So instead I spent my remaining days in Vanilla idolizing players who were able to do that and yeah, that's how the GFC (Gackt Fan Club) was founded.

Then SUPER came, I was floating in limbo, not able to find a main till only recently I found out that Sakura seems real promising. Uryo's record of a consistent 90% win rate was enough assurance to me that she has the potential to be TOP.

The great thing is that she's like a fusion of:

Boxer
-Solid normals
-Ability to play footsies
-Similar anti-air
-Juggle ultra.

AND

Ryu/Akuma
-Safe jumps
-Large variety of option selects
-Hard hitting one-frame combos(plinking)
-Good Frame trap setups
-Buffer c.mk Shoryuken
-Awesome mixup game
-Poh cancel (ex shoryu fadc)

Whats even greater than that is that it mirrors the fact that I "idolize" Gackt, coincidence or not, I still think its damn cool.

So yeah that's my choice of SFIV/SSFIV characters, and oh on a side note, if anybody wishes to join the GFC, there is a one time signup fee of $66, you will receive a goodie bag with various limited edition Gackt merchandise (T-shirts, water bottles, pom poms) and unlimited access to exclusive never seen before home made match videos and interviews with the top player himself. Feel free to contact me more about it in person or through PM, people without a sense of humor need not apply.


no chance in hell Ore no Jonda-sama would let the GFC outshine the LFC, hence, the NRVNSQ CHAOS himself launches a scanty reply to promote the LFC.

-

I played Honda in Vanilla back in 2008. As a beginner, I found him a dificult character to pick up given the fact that he had pig speed/dashes and only one combo, good normals but no juggle to ultra, a character with a steep learning curve.

After months of mindless exheadbuttingfromfullscreenfornoreason and buttsplashingonwakeup, I was inspired by Leslie's gantur/gangay/anti-climax style play. I really liked that style and begun conditioning myself to playing that way (I didn't even know Honda could push the joystick backwards to block before that). In a way it helped me to better understand the game mechanics, spacing, and appreciate solid footsies when I come across them in matches (Momochi/Namameso) unlike in the past where I was only impressed when a player does something out of a flashy combo video.

"Jusssst ting er yi lahhhhhhhhh"
- An inspirational phrase by the 450th Raven in Singapore, Leslie (Top Sagat/Sagat Player)

As time went by, the community gradually discovered new stuff, some even exclusive to SFIV, such as option selects, frame traps, safe jumps and plinking. I was so intrigued by the concept and eager to try it out but unfortunately Honda wasn't really well equipped with the tools to perform these shenanigans as compared to the rest of the cast. So instead I spent my remaining days in Vanilla idolizing players who were able to do that and yeah, that's how the LFC (Leslie Fan Club) was founded.

Then SUPER came, I was bursting out of limbo, able to find a main in Ibuki, whether or not she was real or promising. Acqua's record of a consistent 90% win rate was enough assurance to me that she has the potential to be TOP.

The great thing is that she's nothing like:

Honda
-limpy normals
-Inability to play footsies
-No decent anti-air
-Still no juggle into ultra.

AND

Sagat
-no tiger uppercut
-no tiger destruction
-no sei hi
-no angry scar
-no high/low tiger shots
-no tiger knee
-no eye patch

Whats even greater than that is that now i play a character that is the complete opposite of Sagat, in the hopes that one day i can stand tall beside my "idol" Leslie, do or die, I think we'll be damn cool.

So yeah that's my choice of SFIV/SSFIV characters, and oh on a side note, if anybody wishes to join the LFC, there is a one time signup fee of $64.95, you will receive a goodie bag with various limited edition Leslie merchandise (Fred Perry Polo Ts, Nasi Lemak Trucker Caps, Vuvuzelas) and unlimited access to exclusive never seen before home made match videos, msn chat logs and interviews with the top player himself, includes the secrets to his trademark last 30 seconds of match X-Factor, the LCB, Leslie Comeback, and how to perform it efficiently. Feel free to contact me more about it in person or through PM, people without a sense of humor need not apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment