Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's so new about the year anyway.

Taken way back at AFA X. Ironically, we might not be back... While the picture was trying to suggest otherwise.

The good bits of 2011 was discovering the gym and working out 3 to 4 times a week. It taught me about nutrition and exercise and gave me a goal to reach daily, weekly and monthly. It took my mind off the unpleasant taste of being alive and made me so exhausted every day, I basically did nothing but eat, work out, sleep, eat. Numb enough to forget unhappy thoughts, little by little.

The SCANDAL weekend probably was the best days of 2011. Autograph session, gig and after-show handshake got me smiling from ear to ear like a monkey, earnestly. Unforgettable.

I took more and more time away from playing Street Fighter because quite simply put, I wasn't enjoying myself anymore. At times, it felt more like an obligation, than a game... Yet at times, it felt like a game, in every aspect of the word.

With this newfound space, I started meeting up with old friends and seeing them regularly again, a feeling I had missed. These are friends I've known from when we were kids (mentally or physically, it works the same in this sentence.) and you don't realise how fast time is moving... Suddenly, we are adults.

And last of all,

"This love of ours is the only constant!"

Everything else, was a mess.


-

So in 2012, we're looking forward to a brand new episode of Food Xialan, which we will begin shooting... Soon enough. Osaka is a God amongst Chefs I must add, maybe I'll steal his secrets and share it with the world... Claim all the credit along the way.

We'll still be telling it like it is, keeping it real and having fub, Dudes.

I'll have more t-shirts in the merchandise section, increasing my KPI to three new designs a year. Look out for that.

TXL aside and more of a personal note, I've got some gigs lined up really early in the year that I'm looking forward to. Dashboard Confessional in February, toe at Mosaic (It's my return to Mosaic! After sitting out the past few ones!) and Death Cab For Cutie in March. Apart from alcohol and drugs, music is the next best thing you can truly get a high to.

Reservist on my birthday, great year ahead, don't you think?

With ♥,
Vice Capt.

-

In other news, Alpacrab and Mr. Alpaca are living free and well since being adopted. Here are some pictures.

It may not look like it, but Alpacrab is actually sleeping.

Mr. Alpaca on the other hand is by the piano playing his favourite song, "Merry Christmas Mr. Alpaca".

No comments:

Post a Comment